Market place client mac not opening

resolved

My system has the following specifications

QT Wallet, Client Wallet (and version) or Web wallet:
Operating System and version: Mac Sierra
If web wallet browser name and version:
If desktop wallet (Qt or Client) block # of your client and # of connections:

The problem I am having is …It will not open. It was created in 2016! Is there a newer version?

Ok replying to my own message. The market wallet opens fine and setup works. I do wonder if there is a non-wine version? Very ugly and bad first impression. Especially given a project 4 years old.

Hi there yes I realize that. But consider for 4 years I was working alone without pay. We used to have a dedicated Mac build but I wasn’t able to handle support requests on all 3 platforms (windows, linux, mac). So I switched to Wine which has worked for us well when we needed it. Now we have a few more devs training with us so we are indeed looking at a dedicated Mac build.

We are also are planning a new GUI so it will be pretty and more modern looking too. Rome wasn’t built in a day my friend.

With this issue the High Sierra has apparently broken some Wine applications (not just Bitbay, anything that runs in Wine).

There might be some potential fixes you can try. Right click on the app, go to “explore package contents” inside it run WineSkin and then look at this forum post:

http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_blog_post.php?postId=87

It says…
“Currently you can work around this by launching Wineskin.app, going to Set Screen Options, and uncheck the Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D option, and the wrapper should work normally.”

Please try that and let me know if that works.

Hi, perhaps we got our posts crossed. I am on Sierra, High Sierra (yet) And so no need for the Sierra work around. The market app is opens fine. Still looking the project over and have yet to go further with syncing etc.
Good that you are getting some help and looking into dedicated builds.

In my research ran across BitHalo, Black coin and the Bitbay ICO debacle. I’m glad to see you landed on your feet; though it does make me wonder why you went back to Bitbay. Best

Well I went to BitBay because that is where investors needed me. I wasn’t the dev of Blackcoin… rat4 was. BitHalo had no investors so there I was working for free. So BitBay the founders left the investors who had hopes of a good project in rough conditions. There was no other option. I had to stay here and see the project through to completion. And indeed this is what came to pass.

Sorry if we got posts crossed I saw a couple posts like this. Thanks! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Bitbay looks like a good and innovative project and I’m glad you are being compensated. Your contributions should be acknowledged to a much wider audience.