[macos] How to open existing wallet/coins therein

My system has the following specifications

QT Wallet, Client Wallet (and version) or Web wallet: Mac QT 2.1.1a & Marketplace client mac 1.37
Operating System and version: macos 10.14.3

The problem I am having is

So in 2017 I created a wallet in macos marketplace client (which had problems synching the blockchain back then too). As soon as I had my wallet address I sent coins there from exchange. I have all the backup files for my wallet saved.

What I would like to do is access those coins in my wallet.

As you can see I use latest versions of everything. So with QT Wallet I could sync the whole chain in like 3 days. But with that I can’t access my old wallet, or can I? I couldn’t figure out how.

With the wineskin Marketplace client on the other hand I have the same problem as always: 0 connections, no blockchain sync happening (but I see where I can import my old wallet, just that it’s useless without being synced up).

I already followed all the instructions from here:

-> I got recent “addnodes” from the chain explorer and put them into the conf file. Still 0 sync though.

Guys, this sucks. I love the bitbay project, I really do, and I would like to buy more BAY in fact. But not being able to get to my wallet at this point is a bit of a pain in the ass, and it’s not exactly a new problem.

Is there any way for me to get access to my wallet short of running windows via bootcamp?

Thx.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Mac client and connecting to the network.

There was recently an update to the client but the updater was released for Windows. However as you are on Mac you can still run this update by downloading the windows updater from the downloads page on the website, https://bitbay.market/downloads and then following number 5 on this link:

That should get you back up and running.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any issues updating or if this fix doesn’t resolve the sync issue.

Thanks,
Shorn.

Thank your for the help Shorn.

Synching now, finally! :slight_smile: